Alfa ownership is a bargin

Before I got my first Alfa I bought a one owner 1970 240Z. While the Z
was fast the Alfa is definitely more fun. To show that my priorities are
correct the Alfa is running while the Z has been laid up with a bad
engine for the last 6 months.

The Z club is having their 13th annual convention in Las Vegas in June.
The early bird registration is $99 for the 6 day convention. There are
three days of track time with four different types of racing - drag,
gentleman, autocross, and time trial. They cost $125 / race / day. If
you wish to do autocross and time trial each day for two days it is
$500!! Parade lap sessions are $50. In addition they have a tasting
(wine, whiskey, and bear) each evening at $59 / tasting. The car show is
$45/car, $5/viewer. The awards banquet at the end of the convention is
$40 / person. There are other events, a golf tournament ($100), various
tours ($25-$29 per event), a cigar sampling ($59), Go Kart racing
($150), and a full daytime program for kids ($60/day). There are many
other events that do not have prices set for them yet. Nissan
contributes $25,000 to help cover the opening and closing receptions and
to provide a goodie bag. There are also lots of no charge tech sessions.

It is a very big event with over 500 people registered so far. I'm not
sure what their attendance was last year.

To do everything at the Alfa convention would cost less than $350 and
you probably would get more track time since there are less racers.
Besides anyone can own a Z car but only certain people have what it
takes to own an Alfa (usually an extra twisted DNA molecule).

See you in Portland

Gene Brown
AROSC
Simi Valley, CA