Subject: electronic ignition for duetto

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
From: Dan Walker <dawnanddan@domain.elided>

Greetings Alfisti !

Wel, I talked to Pertronix today and they said that their product ( =
which fits inside the distributor ) doesn't have an application for my =

car.  Although it may fit and work they won't guarantee it and won't =
take it back.  I don't want to buy a whole new distributor, just get rid
=
of the points. I'm hoping to find one that doesn't have a box I have to
=
hide ( I'm trying to keep the car as original looking as possible ).

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Dan Walker

There is another brand of electronic ignition that looks like the
Pertronix unit, called Compufire. They make units to fit VW and SAAB, so
they may have something Pertronix doesn't have. I bought mine through a
VW aftermarket-parts dealer.

Paul Rollins