Voltage Regulators

You can purchase adjustable voltage regulators from Fred DiMatteo or
International Auto Parts. Each costs about $25 for the V6 cars. You simply
unbolt the original from the back of the alternator and insert the new one.
I replaced mine at 85,000 miles; the brushes on the old one were nearly gone.

Mine is from Fred; it works well on my '84 GTV-6, keeping the voltage
around 14 volts, compared to the original which wheezed and gasped around
12v - 13v. It is a very worth while device, highly recommended (by me, anyway).