Re: alfas or audis?

>Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 13:26:22 -0800
>From: DB&KJP <motoduo@domain.elided>
>Subject: alfas or audis?

>With all of this discussion about possessed acceleration,
>I wonder, is it Alfas or Audis we are talking about?

>You all have heard what AUDI stands for, yes?
>Accelerates Under Demonic Influence

>I thought ALFA ROMEO stood for "A Lovely Fast Automobile,
>Rev Out Motor (at) Every Opportunity".

>Kathy Jo

I have owned both. My 164 was a lovely fast automobile, as it
approached an age where it would start draining my wallet for
reburbishment, I found it a good home with the help of my mechanic,
and decided to try another marque. Had Alfa learned to market to
the morons also known as the American public, and not left the US
market, I would probably be driving a 156 now.

The A6 2.7t Quattro 6-speed Sport that has left Ingolstadt and is
crossing the pond toward me
will accelerate demonically, but not of its own volition. The weight of
my right foot will determine how much the demon shows itself.

I'm amazed that knowledgeable autophiles still hang on to the UI
craze of the 80s as if it was Audi's fault, just like some hang on to
the idea that Alfas are unreliable. They are both superb automobiles,
and I'm very lucky to have experienced both.

David

'99 A6 2.8 Quattro Tiptronic (being traded for...
'00 A6 2.7t Quattro 6-speed Sport (on the boat)
'89 Spider Veloce (may have found a good home)