re: accelerator pedal sticking

Nancy,

	There are two places to look at on your Spider - well, not really all
that easy to look at since they are both well hidden.  The first is the
bell crank that is directly underneath the intake plenum; it translates
the forward motion of the acclerator linkage to up and down motion.  The
bell rotates on a shaft and over time the grease disappears and the bell
no longer rotates very easily.  To check it out, pop off the accelerator
rod from the throttle valve on the intake plenum, then manually
push/pull the rod to feel the action of the bell crank.  It should
rotate freely in both directions.  If not, you have to remove the bell
crank from the engine to lube it.

	The second place to look is a very small bushing that is located on the
accelerator linkage and is right near the starter motor.  If the bell
crank is ok, then this on is the problem and if you have a look at it,
you might as well replace it since it is a pain to get to.  The bushing
costs only $3US or so.  I did a write up on how I did mine and if you
want it, I can send it to you.

	Bruce