RE: 75 TS Power

> I know Brian had a comment about potential difficulties mating the 75
> crank to the GTV/Spider transmission.  Anyone else have a comment about
> wether one of these powerplants might fit in my ('86) 115 Spider?  Are
> size considerations an issue? (I was once told not to even dream of
> putting a 2.5 V6 in there).  What about injection and ignition systems?
> How much work would be involved there?

Aside from the work that needs to be done to the crank, the twin spark motor
won't clear the hood on your Spider.  You'll need to fabricate a hood bulge
or duct to get it to clear the motor.

Other than that, you need to do some fabrication for the headers and/or
downpipes, as the angle of the head at the exhaust ports is different from
what's in your Spider.  You'll probably also need to use the oil pump and
engine sump from your Spider, as the 75/Milano sump is different.

I have no idea how difficult it is to graft the wiring together.  I think
you'd want to get the ecu and wiring harness that comes with the twin spark
motor and figure it out from there.

There's probably more..

Fwiw,

bs