Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City

In a message dated 01/27/2000 2:58:24 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:39:11 +0000
 From: USER <bubonic@domain.elided>
 Subject: how to test fuel pump

 How do I test the fuel pump on my 88 Spider?

 Here is what I have done so far, Is this correct?

 1. Put key in ignition - turned to on posistion
 2. move flapper valve in AFM to activate the pump
 3. No voltage at pump.

 I have no checked the relay yet because of something odd.  When I
 checked the fuel pump, I placed a voltmeter between the two terminals.
 I have no voltage, but I have continuity between the two terminals.
 This isn't correct is it?  Or does this mean that something went bad
 inside the pump?  If I check each of the terminals for continuity to
 ground I find that each terminal independently has continuity.  Does
 this sound like my pump is bad?

 Sorry if this is simplistic, but I am still learning.

 Thank you.
 Kelly M,
 88 Spider - hopefully running again soon.