Re: Secret Confessions

I'm one of those "lifers" who never sells cars, or almost never. I've
had my '62 Giulietta Spider since 1974. That's more than half my life
as well. I owned a '57 Ford F100 pickup from 1973 to 1991. My wife's
cars seem to become disposable at 10-11 years. OK, we got rid of the
Benighted Motor Wagon she got used from her father sooner, but he had
already driven it 100K+ miles. She only got that one while we waited
for her other car to reach retirement. I also have a '67 GTV I've had
since 1983. The replacement truck is an F150 I bought new in 1991. It
only has 33K on it now.

The one that got away? My father's powder blue '53 Chevy Bel Air with
50K original miles on it. After he passed away, a friend of his bought
it. A few years later, a tree fell over on it. I guess the old man
wanted his car back.