GTV6 steering hub infinitum

There's been much recent discussion of the "hard to find"  Momo steering
wheel hub for the GTV6 and also of the quality issues on other brands.
For the record, the Grant combination is still quite available, I
purchased the parts just last month at Pep boys.  They're not stock
items but they were in the computer and it took them only 2 days to
order and deliver them.  I believe any outlet that sells Grant steering
wheel products can do the same. The hub adapter carries Grant part #
6502 and the Grant-to-Momo adapter ring is # 4009.  The Grant hub
appears to be a quality piece, it is machined from a heavy billet of
aluminum and has the same black wrinkle paint finish as the Momo part
and .....get this.....Its stamped "Made in Italy".

The only significant difference between the Grant and Momo parts is the
collapsible bellows section that is included in the center of the Momo
part. The Grant hub (like most after market hubs that I've seen) does
not include this and is machined as one solid piece. This is obviously a
safety issue that one needs to make their own decision on, but aside
from it, I see no manufacturing quality issues with the Grant product.

Gerry Lehmann
'85 GTV6 2.5 Sporting an authentic Momo hub and classic 4 pt Momo wheel
'86 GTV6 3.0 Soon to have a Grant hub and modern Momo wheel.