Removal of Alfetta GT oil pan

in the car?  It looks possible, with maybe some interference from the =
cross member and steering rack."

I believe you should be OK there Mark ; I was able to remove mine when I =
needed to, 2 or 3 years ago, after I clumsily dropped some bits of the cam =
chain joining link down through the timing chest.   (And boy, was I glad =
that I could remove that sump to retrieve them, without taking the motor =
out). The only doubtful area as I recall was some of the bolts at the =
rear, which I was only just able to get to with the socket.  Otherwise, no =
sweat, as far as I can recall.=20

Best regards,
Graham in N.Z.
77 Alfetta GTV 2L.