Re: alfa-digest V7 #1295

Someone's looking at a 90 spider w/ 12k miles on the clock.

Someone else suggests it's easy to turn back the odometer.

Is this likely?  I submit it's among the least likely reasons the example has
12k miles after 10 years.

More likely:

This is a misprint in the ad and it has higher mileage, maybe 62k or 120k.

Someone got this cute car, was never truly an enthusiast, and lost interest
in the little toy, so it was rarely driven.

Someone got the car and then was disabled somehow, or had to leave it in
storage (a woman in this situation called me this weekend; she had a spider
in LA and not long after she bought it was transferred to Europe, so she has
not put much mileage on it).

The speedo or its cable was broken for a while.

The worst (worse than having the mileage set back) would be the car has had
some recurring or catastrophic failure that's made it inoperable for most of
its life.

Get a detective on this case!

Charlie

LA, CA, USA