Dead '86 GTV-6 Help!!!

The saga continues:

So I drive 5 hours to school, from a moderatly temperate weather
(connecticut) to upstate New York. The car runs great on the trip up.  I park
my car outside my dorm room that night and when I get up the next moring it
wont start- overnight though, it got pretty freakin' cold!!. The engine will
crank, but won't catch. I checked the fuel pump--lifted up the air filter and
pushed the flap, and it sounded fine. I got a new battery, but wore it out
trying to start the car. I called AAA today and they put fresh gas in it and
jumped me-- nothing. I had my friends push me and tryed to jump start it,
nope! I have narrowed it down to two things, either the fuel lines are frozen
or I have an ignition problem.
- -Tomorow, I am going to check the spark by lifting up a spark plug line and
seeing if it will jump onto a screw driver. If theres spark, then there is no
fuel.
- -If there is no spark, than I guess I will orger a new distributor cap and a
new coil. does this sound like a good idea????
- -Also, does anyone know of there are any (doubtful) alfa mechanics around the
upstate new york area?? I go to Hamilton College which is Clinton NY, but
very close to Utica.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks,
Jeff
eini123@domain.elided
'86 GTV-6 (no start snow mobile)