Milano ABS Question

All,

While idling for two hours today in what passes for snow in our nation's
captol, I noticed a wierd clicking noise intermittantly coming from under
the hood.  Since traffic wasn't going anywhere, I popped the hood to check
it out, and it seemed like it was coming from the ABS unit.  Is it possible
for this unit to overheat?  I should add that the ABS light did eventually
come on, but I was feet from my driveway.  I've driven the Milano a few
times in the last few hours, and I haven't had a repeat of the clicking or
the light.  Any idea what gives?

Any info appreciated,

Scott Allen