164, spacers and Q4

Sorry to contradict you, Brad, if we're both talking about the spacers between the A-arms and the chassis, at the mounting bolts,I may possibly have one of the oldest 164 in the US since it was manufactured in 01 '90 and even had the brace behind the dashboard that you're bumping into when changing the stepper motors (that not many have found,- not that it's any good), ok, so my car had the spacers.However, I have heard before about some spacers beween the crossmember and the chassis that i think my car may not have .

About the Q4: I want to add some coments that i was hearing while in EU.LS (known in EU under the name "Super") were said to be made "for USA" and sold in EU as a variation from the base model.To get into the area of facts for which i have evidence, the factory brochure talks about the Twin Spark motor as meeting the US specs for it's day.I can supply a scan of the page if one needs it.
Also, I think it makes sense that at one point they tried to limit the variations in assembly parts and unified "US" and "EU" models at the high end, like Q and probably Q4.What i infer from the brochure is that they originally , at one point planned to ship to US at least more than one kind of 164, engine-wise.Given the
(possible) fact (i base myself on "Auto Motor und Sport" listings) that at one point the Q4 replaced the Q in the offered range, it is possible that it inherited from the Q the US compliance and that it was in the works for export at the time of the Big Whitdrawal.
You know what i would do? I would write a mail to Alfa, at their homepage asking for US compliance details for the Q4.I bet they would answer..
Also, once the hardware is compatible, i think a big part of the problem is out of the way.
Also, late Q and all Q4 came with the 6 speed transmission
Vlad
'91 164L