Re: alfa-digest V7 #1268 Joe Corbacio

In a message dated 01/07/2000 3:24:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

Dear Mr. Malaney,
    At the request of list administrator Richard Welty, this thread has been
taken off line. I have responded to numerous inquires privately, as was the
original start of this thread until Mr. Sedon choose to put it in the forum.
If you or anyone else would like to continue privately, I will be more than
happy to respond as time allows.

Mr. Sedon and I have since corresponded privately, we both have reached a
better understanding of each other's position. We in no way treat Alfas as
2nd class, not worthy of attending. 3 of the 4 members of our group currently
own Alfas and the 4th is a former Calloway GTV6 owner. While my choice of
words could have been better, it came from years of frustration and thousands
in expenditure creating exactly what Mr. Sedon asked for and having not 1
Alfa owner register for the track.

All we ever heard for 5 years is we won't come because you won't let us on
the track. When we respond that we will allow them on the track. Not one
person has ever even asked what the requirements are to pass Tech Inspection?
what tire speed rating do I need? Do I need a rollbar? (someone did ask this
yr.). Do I need a fire extinguisher? Full Nomex? Snell 90 or 95 approved
helmet? The list goes on. Someone serious about driving on the track will ask
those questions.

If I offended anyone, I apologize. I can only say this so many times, we want
Alfa owners to attend. They are a part of "Le Belle Macchine d'Italia." We
want them to drive on the track. We simply need those that wish to drive on
the track to coordinate themselves, (exactly what the Italian motorcycles
owners have done) then let us know they are interested, and if they need any
special provisions.

I would suggest that anyone that can make the event, come this year. See what
it is all about, see 1st hand how Alfa owners are treated. If they are
interested in coordinating with us for track time in 2001, we will be happy
to work with them. Those that feel they should be able to run with the other
cars, may want to watch first and see if they want to feel like the
Testarossa owner last year, when Joe Nastasi passed him going into turn 1 in
Bruno Giacomelli's Alfa 179 F1 car. His face was white for about 2 hours.

In addition there is Concorso with no restrictions. The trophies are there
just waiting for someone to come and win them. If you have any questions on
the event, please let us know.

Visit our website at http://mhkaye.com/ItalianCars/

There are pictures of Alfas there. There would be more if more would show up.

Joe Corbacio
Italian C.A.R.S.