Crunchy seconds after xmas

Someone related the double clutch procedure without the crucial step that
makes it all worthwhile. When the clutch is engaged while in neutral you
must blip the throttle to speed up the gearbox to allow the lower gear to
be smoothly engaged on the next depression of the clutch pedal. It is very
important not to overdo this blip as speeding the gearbox up too much is as
bad or worse than not speeding it up at all.

  Apparently the new F1 Ferrari semi automatic box (with full auto function
also!) blips the throttle appropriately for each lightning fast downshift.
I believe the new ALFA Selespeed box is based on this Magnetti Marelli
product and should do likewise. Any of our Aussie/Kiwi or Euro friends, who
can write in English for us ignorunt "americans", have one of these and do
they? Blip that is.

Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada