Re: brake rebuilding

 I know everybody says one should not separate the ATE brake calipers,  but I did just that,  when rebuilding my GTV 10 years ago.  In my mind the problem is not the seals between the caliper halves:  just reuse the originals.  The big problem was the bolts,  which,  if my memory serves me correct,  were 7 and 9 mm with Torx head.  The proper size Torx wrenches were very difficult to find and the bolts were really tight.

I've had no problems with the brakes since the rebuild (except for the silicone fluid,  which is a little soft).

Ollie
Tampere,  Finland

1999 Selespeed
1972 2000 GTV