dug seed in; gas fumes; Just Dashes

Mr. seed in was kind enough to also email me his reply regarding my
posting, "Please listen to John Hertzman". I'm sure all of you who read
his reply are relieved to know he fully intends to continue using his
own home-made 'style'. Fortunately, my posting did nothing to dissuade a
Digest icon.

********

Regarding gas fumes: I'm sure Fred's detailed answer to the Spider fumes
is the answer. I have also found many Spider tanks leaking around the
fuel level sender. If there is gas in the small well around it, do be
careful when tightening. If the rubber gasket isn't too hard, that is
all it should take to solve the problem.

kathy Jo's Alfetta fumes: How far past the rear bumper does the exhaust
extend? Hopefully at least a few inches. The Kamm tail really works on
the Alfetta GT (I'm assuming that is the flavor you have).Also the trunk
gasket must be in excellent shape and seal well on GT's to keep out the
exhaust fumes.

**********

Just Dashes: They are not inexpensive, try to have yours done in the
Winter when they are less busy (in Summer there can be a nine week
wait). They do absolutely excellent work. Should you have the center
console also recovered, be sure to trim close around all of the openings
or else it is difficult to install the switches, etc. Also have the
glove box recovered even if it is okay. The material they use is US
made, somewhat heavier than the original, looks great, but is slightly
different than the original. They also remove and replace all of the
underlying foam.

800.247.3274 -- http://www.justdashes.com/

I'm on the finishing stages of a fairly complete restoration of a '73
Spider. For those interested, I will post before and after photos on my
website, including the dash,  when all is completed.

Biba
Irwindale CA, USA