Re:Montreal V8 in a GTV

I have a 71 GTV and have dreamed of taking a V8 from one 105 car and bolting
it into my 105 car.  Of course, this is along the same lines of dreaming
that Ashley Judd would find me incredibly charming and handsome.  Anyway, I
was at Glynn Motorsports (fantastic shop!!) in MA a while ago, and on the
lift was a beautiful Montreal.  With the car there in front of me, I could
do a rough eyeball of the fit.  The first thing I noticed is the engine
mount location.  In my GTV, the mount sits on the top of the cross brace
that runs roughly between the front wheels.  On the Monty, the mounts sat
below the top face of this bar and down in front of it (where the nuts fall
when you take the front carb off).  Michael at Glynn said that its
definitely possible, but its a lot of work.

Lawrence Gowin
International Engineering
Level (3) Communications
lawrence.gowin@domain.elided