Subject: Re: Heater Follies

<<<<<Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:10:09 -0800 (PST)
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@domain.elided>

Thanks for the notes on the strangely behaving heater.

I received five emails from a-d listees, four of which suggested that
the
heater valve is going bad and one which suggested checking the coolant
level to be sure it wasn't going low. I checked, it is full to the brim
in
the radiator cap, so I suspect it's time to do the heater valve. Oh joy!

The other, common problem is air in the system. The levvel may look
right at the radiator cap, but there can be a bubble of air in there
that is blocking the flow to the heater. When you fill the cooling
system, put the heat control at full "Hot", and let the air out at the
bleeder on the engine.

Paul Rollins