Re:

I thought I remember John Hertzman launching into somebody on this one.
As I remember from that lesson, the GTA used a 4x98 bolt circle. Sperry
sells a GTA replica (keyword: REPLICA) wheel to fit the 105/115 cars.
It's a 14x6.5" wheel. 14x6, 15x6 and 15x7 are the usual aftermarket
fitments on a GTV. 15" definitely gives you more tires to choose from.
Perhaps memory IS the second thing to go...