Re: Bleeding spider brakes/brakeless in Sydney

[deleted]
David Boxall writes:
> After my posting on the digest I received many messages of
> helpful tips, and I would like to thank you all here and now, but as it turns out
> the one that did the trick was the bleed nipple on the master cylinder.  Bleeding
> the air trapped in there did the job. Now I have fantastic brakes, powerful,
> progressive, just as I always believed an Alfa should be.  My only bit of advice to
> offer Dave is to replace/rebuild master cylinder if he is sure that there are no
> other leaks in the system.

Unfortunately, the only conclusion I can make now, after re-bleeding everything,
is that the master cylinder is indeed stuffed.  I'm pulling it this weekend
to get sleeved/rebuilt at the same place that did the boosters.

A bit of a pity really.  With the (half working) brakes, I couldn't resist
going for a bit of a fang around the local rural roads and even with
stuffed brakes, wandering steering and a back axle that has 1 or 2 inches
of sideways movement, the car was an absolute blast.

Can't wait to get it working properly :-)

dave.