Alfa-Powered: Another idea...

If someone has the hankering to stick an Alfa powerplant into something non-Alfa, my vote goes to the "Alfa Romero" kit car currently for sale on eBay (still waiting for a bid at $425).

Apparently a few years ago a popular kit was a replica of a 30's era Alfa that was built on a narrowed (!) VW pan - but really, it's just calling out for an Alfa heart.

If you're curious what the final product might look like, there's a completed one of these for sale at:

http://www.priceofhistoys.com/showroom/oldalfa/index.html

Although I'm not too sure about his "prototype" status.

- -Paul Witek