Importing an Webered Alfa to the US

Anyone have any experience on the EPA regulations with repsect to importing a post-1968 non-Spica Alfa into the US? I've got a handle on the Customs regulations, and the NHSTA regulations, but cannot for the life of me manage to speak to a human at the EPA. And I'd hate to import a car into the US only to be told by the EPA that I must export it, destroy it, or make expensive modifications to it to make it smog legal.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Joe Fillip
Swarthmore, PA