164 heater leak & steppers (extra set of steppers for sale!)

hi all,

my 164 seems to have sprung a leak - my guess is the heater core.  when the gas
pedal goes to the floor, steam pours out the vents, even when the hvac is in the
"off" position.  you can see the coolant leaking out from under the car at the
firewall area, but it doesn't leak into the car - UNLESS, i jack-up the
front-end to crawl underneath to see where the leak is coming from (which i
can't).  then, the coolant starts coming out the driver's side floor-heater
vent, and on to accelerator pedal.  when not under load (i.e., idling, or normal
cruising), you can see a little steam wisping out from the area of the hvac
blower-fan, under the hood.  so, where's my leak?  huge project?  is it time to
also repair the dreaded...

STEPPER MOTORS?!??!?  speaking of which, when i bought my aussie brass gears,
instead of getting one pair, for $150, i bought two sets for $250 - anyone want
a fresh never-installed set for $125?  also, anyone interested in a n.i.b.
complete alfa stepper ass'y?

thanks,

doug s.