Head cleaning & Vitaloni mirrors

I agree with Paul Bowman's assessment of Eastwood's Scotch-Brite head
cleaning kit...up to a point. It is oh so easy to go too deep and end up
with a very uneven surface. It should be used as parallel to the surface
as possible.

Personally, I never remove a head without taking it to a machinists to
"remove no more than necessary to clean it up". This same machinist uses
a more professional version of Eastwood's kit which is used on an air
tool. He pointed out  that  even he uses it very cautiously on steel
surfaces. I don't believe he ever uses it on aluminum.

Pep Boys carry the Vitaloni Tornado mirrors. Unfortunately they are now
all plastic and I find they need readjusting more often, especially in
warm weather.

Biba
Irwindale CA
http://www.AlfaCyberSite.com