re: checking for Bondo...

>Checking for Bondo

>I have a clever device that does a good job of detecting Bondo. It's a
>flexible refrigerator magnet. Lay it on a suspect area. It is sticks and
>holds the contour of the body = little or no Bondo. If it sort of sticks,
but
>lifts at the corners = more Bondo. If it doesn't cling at all = way too much
>Bondo. Cheap and a good clue. Not much help when looking for hidden rust in
>the rockers, though.

Coincidentally our club, Delta Sierra Alfa Romeo Club, has had Bondo checkers
(nee fridge magnets) for sale for a year or two. We discovered this use
accidentally when we tossed one on the nose of the Spider belonging to the
President (and also my own Duetto's nose) that the magnet slid right off the
slope. OOPS! Magnets featuring our club's logo are available for $3 plus
shipping. Contact me for exact info. The club logo is available for viewing
here... http://barbers-shopauto.iwarp.com/clubnews.html

Michael Williams
VP, DSARC
Sacramento, California US of A