Re: Verde ABS pump

Giovanni,

The ABS pump in a Verde, when properly working should come on between 5-10 seconds *if* the
whole system were brand new.  15 seconds is nothing to scoff at, you're doing fine.

My Verde's pump, 210K miles old, still pumps in the 10-15 second region every morning.  I just
make sure the rest of the system is tight, and that everything is in good working order
(accumulator, brake fluid, no leaky seals).  Given that my Verde receives aggressive treatment
daily, I can't complain that the ABS system is wearing out.

How often does it pump?  The frequency is probably the more important question.  Running it
constantly will increase the chances of burning it up.

Nizam