: Spider bike rack?

Spiros said:
I need to buy a bike rack to support our two mountain bikes and it has to
go either on the Spider or the 164.  Since I have heard so many things
about the hinges of the 164 trunk, I thought the Spider may be the best
choice.  So, the question is, would the Spider's trunk be able to support
such a device?

I have used  such a device as described in your message on my 90 Spider
several times.  Mine rests on the trunk and the bottom half rests on the
license plate.  With the bikes on most of the pressure in on the license plate
and of course the panel behind the plate.  I have not had any problems
whatsoever.  Good luck.

rob murphy
coral springs, fl