Why I won't put the kids in a 164

There are a number of reasons why I passed on buying a 164 and stay with the
Honda Accord.
First is the damage child seats do to the seat material.  I just couldn't
bare the thought of destroying the find leather seats.
Second is the amount of food, bodily fluids and who-knows-what that ends up
on the floor, seats, windows and liner.
Finally, it is the smell during the spring months.  Our Honda began to smell
really bad last spring during the thaw when the previously unobserved
miscellaneous food, bodily fluids and who-knows-what began to rot and grow
mould.  Yes, a good cleaning and spraying etc. took care of most of the
problem, but I would cry if this was in an Alfa.  Before children (B.C. in
our parlance) my wife said the floors of our cars were clean enough to eat
off of, now there is enough food there to feed a family of five.

Our family lives 500 km (300 miles) away with Toronto between us and them
(those who have driven through Toronto will know what this means) which
means 5 to 8 hours in the car depending on weather and traffic.  There is no
way to make the trip without feeding the children and having snacks.
Unfortunately our next vehicle will be a minivan, the road going version of
purgatory, but not for the children, it is because neither grandmother will
drive the 500km to our house and we need the room for 3 or 4 adults and 2 or
more kids.  I shall not, however, give up on my spider, unless it is to move
on to something more sportier or exotic.

Regards

Kim

Centre for Economic Analysis - Canada Inc.
http://www.home.istar.ca/~boydell
133 David Dr,
Nepean, Ont
K2G 2N6