Milano engine sounds

I recently did the timing belt and water pump on the Milano.  Everything
works fine except for a difference in engine noise above 5500 rpm.  Power
and all that seems the same, but I remember the noise being less thrashy all
the way to redline than it is now.  Could it be that the timing belt is too
tight?  When cold and in TDC, I can turn the belt about 60 degrees on its
axis.  This is what I've been told should be the right tension.  And the
marks on the mechanical tensioner line up where they're supposed to be.  Any
thoughts?

Also, I wanted to keep the alternator belt as loose as possible but I
probably have it the way most people would do it.  Not too tight and not too
loose.  I'm thinking about slackening it a bit.  Is it possible that the
noise is due to the drive belts.  I replaced all of them as well.

By the way, has anyone noticed that the alternator belt rubs against the
passenger side timing belt cover every now and then?

Gary
87 Milano