SHO vs. 164?

Interesting thread and although I don't own a 164 and have never driven a SHO,
I'll put my 2 lire in anyway.

First in regards to the  gentlemanly race in SF: I once had a Milano 2.5 SPANK
me in my Verde across some twisty NY interstate, shorter gearing? yes, better
sorted suspension? likely, superior driving? That's the one. Even with my 30 bhp
advantage, this guy really knew how to toss his car into a corner and left me
struggling to keep up. I find often that I can do the same to similarly inferior
drivers of higher horsepower vehicles. Just cuz' ya got the ponies doesn't mean
you know how to use 'em.

Next regarding the gent quoting SHO times of 0-60 of 6.2 and 142 top whack. BLA,
BLA, BLA doesn't mean a thing there are 60's muscle cars than can out accelerate
a 360 Modena to 60 and even in the 1/4 mile oh but wait, real roads have
corners.   And for the record, both the S and Q have higher top speeds than 142.

And not too turn on my fellow Alfisti, but the experiences I've had in 164s
finds me appreciating the refinement but missing the sharpness of the RWD Milano
chassis, IMHO and that's it.

Last but certainly least, on the street an extra .3 sec to a certain sped means
a lot less than the experience of driving a well-sorted performance car with
the right feels and sounds. SHOs IMHO are not Alfas.

Giovanni
88 Verde (Awaiting further suspension tweeks, for life's inevitable curves)