Spider brakes

Hello All-
I just purchased a 1983 Spider.  I had a recommended Alfa shop replace brake
pads and install NEW rotors.  However, the car doesn't "feel" like it has
new brakes.  The car can still roll slightly with the hand brake all the way
up, the foot pedal still comes within a couple of inches of the floor.  I
may be new to Alfa's, but I would like to "feel" firmer brakes for the
US$500 I just spent.
Is there some adjustment needed somewhere?

Thanks-
Eddie Rozier
83 Spider Veloce