164 Drivetrain slack

I wrote to the Digest a few days about a hesitation in my engine a week
after a full dealer tune-up and T-belt on my 48K mile '95 164LS, which
also coincided with my daily commute being reduced to 3 miles, and
possibly gumming-up valves.

I called the dealer today, asking to take it back in for a re-check. I
was asked to consider the following, which is allegedly common on older
164 cars: If the hesitation symptoms occur at the same RPM, regardless
of speed, there is some wear in the drivetrain system that is very
common, and best ignored. While I am not yet sure if I see this
correlation, I was wondering if the same has been experienced by other
owners (either 24V or 12V models)? Mine is particularly noticeable under
light acceleration in 3rd gear at around 35 - 40 mph.

Thanks!
Karl