re: avgas 106 and racing fuel

>On the other hand I've never heard of a car running on Avgas only.
>Instead most racing teams prefer a synthetic racing fuel produced by Elf.

Hi Alp,

In Australia, up until just lately, most rally cars ran PURE AvGas. The
Subaru
WRX I used to service for also had a MoTeC computer tuned to the avgas.
Everybody
from Datsun 1600's (510's) through to Lancer EVO 6 ran avgas as bought from
the
airport.

My rally car was to run on Avgas, except lately there has been a big
crackdown
on using Avgas on public roads... So I am now running Shell RF100.

regards,

Jeremy Pronk

'79 Alfasud Ti.. Rally car
'83 Alfasud Ti GCL.. no longer my daily driver
'89 Ford Falcon.. its a tow car!!