avgas 106

We mix Avgas  for our Rally car (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 4) in order to increase the octane rating of  96 octane unleaded fuel, since we don't have a higher octane rating here in Turkey (that is we mix it 1:10 ratio with 96 octane unleaded fuel). For such usage we have a chip programmed by Motec. With the mixture the car feels faster and stronger compared to unmixed fuel. However a chemist friend insists that Avgas and 96 octane fuel can not mix due to some chemical properties. On the other hand I've never heard of a car running on Avgas only. Instead most racing teams prefer a synthetic racing fuel produced by Elf.

Alp Berker
69 GT Junior
96 155 Q4