Blinker Wand

< Charles Nicholson writes:

 I have a '94 164Q with 49K on it.  I have intermittent turn signal function
 when trying to signal "right".  When turning left, the TS works flawlessly,
 as do all the other functions on the wand(lights - HB, LB, etc.).  Fiddling
 with it while driving produces mixed results:  sometimes pushing the wand to
 the front(HB) will click it on.  Sometimes, it will go on for a few seconds,
 and suddenly die.  Sometimes it will not go on at all.   The symptoms do not
 change at night when the lights are on.  My questions are:  Is this
 something simple, and if so where/what is it and what do I do?.  Is it
 something more involved(e.g., taking apart the steering column to replace
 the whole thing or along those lines), and if so, is it easy to get
 replaced/fixed?  >>

Sorry Chuck-
Problems like this are usually fatal.  I recommend that you sell that Q-ship
to the lowest bidder immediately.  :^)  Call me, I'll take it off your hands.

Gordy