Rough running 164 ( all smoothed out )

Hi alfisti,
         Thanks to those who responded to my plea for help in diagnosing my
rough running 164.  The problem
turned out to be the coolant temperature sensor.  I had the fault code all
wrong.  The actual fault message
was a four digit code as are all the motronic codes in this vintage system.
In this case the code was
1,2,1,4 =  temp. coolant circuit fault.  Wiring was o.k. with 5 volts
showing on one terminal and 0 volts, 0 resistance on the other.  installed a
new sensor and presto, the willing, wanton wail I love from the moment I
start her up.  If you need codes for the motronic system try
http://cbsgi1.bu.edu/bmw/motronic.html  It did not
have the particular code for my problem but had a bunch of others ( Heres
hoping I never see them!)
                     Ciao,
                                Chris Hogan
 92 164L