Mirror mirror.....

Scott wrote:
"My Junior has one of these, or more likely it's a knock-off -- it's made
out of what appeared to be grey plastic, as though it had once been
chromed and the plating had worn or oxidized off.  Some time ago I took
it off the car, carefully masked the glass, and sprayed it matte black"

I also have a pair of these.  One was painted by the Dpo and the other was
grey primer.  When I went to take the paint off to repaint them the other
month, I hit them with a DA sander.  Guess what I found.... they are
aluminum.  So, after sanding off the paint, I hit them with a polisher and
viola!, very pretty and shiny mirrors.  I can't understand why anyone would
want these chromed.

I still need to clear coat them, as they are now spotted from rain.

bob brady, dvaroc
yardley, pa
'74 gtv
'88 verde