Thanks re: Re: Some Spider questions, car for sale

I had some useful replies to my questions about
a '75 RHD spider that will be turning up this
week.

Specifically, I was curious about the missing headlight
cowls, where I could source some seats and what sort
of floor covering the car should have.

Scott Fisher <sefisher@domain.elided> wrote back
that unless the car is a "Junior", it should
probably have the covers.  The car is possibly
a Junior - It does have a "2000" badge on the
boot though.  I think more likely (after another
inspection) that it's the result of some
not great nose repairs after all.  Doesn't matter
too much - I'll fit up the cowls anyway.  I might
have to do some remedial panel work as well, but
the car is cheap enough that it should be fine.

Scott also surmised that the LHD and RHD cars had
identical seats.  Dim memory (from a '73 spider I
owned and sold in a fit of financially induced
idiocy) suggests this is correct, as I remember
the passenger seat on that car having one extra
feature (can't remember what it was) over the
drivers side.

Scott also thought the car might have had carpets, not
rubber mats.

JHertzmah@domain.elided kindly looked up the parts books
and confirmed that the RHD and LHD spiders have
identical seats.  He also has some very late 1974
french brochures which confirm the perspex
light covers, and show a car with carpeting.

So I'm going for the carpet, the light covers
and hope I can find a set of seats without
having to ship them down here to Oz.  I guess I could
ship the frames, that might be cheaper...

Thanks for the responses.

dave.

- --
David Rubie                           "Your brother's dead.
Macquarie Bank Ltd.                    Keep dancing!"
drubie@domain.elided                (Sean Connery to Kim Basinger,
                                        "Never Say Never Again").