Removal of clutch in a Milano

Last week when I was moving out of a parking lot, my Milano's clutch sunk
into the floor after a clunking sound.  When I tried to pull the pedal out
there was a lot of resistance.  Once the clutch pedal was out, a very hard
push on the pedal would move it by a inch or so. I could shift gear with
limited grinding.
Later, I inspected the clutch slave cylinder and found that the push rod was
extended all the way out. I tried to push the push rod back into the clutch
slave cylinder and there was a lot of resistance.  The push rod pop out and
the piston shot out, when I was playing with the push rod. I pushed the
piston and pushrod  back in place with   , of course some air.  Now my
clutch pedal sinks all the way in and does not return.  I guess that is
because of air in the lines.  My question are
1) What was the problem with the clutch?
2)Do I just bleed the clutch lines or do I need to replace the clutch slave
(easy) or master cylinders(easy???)?
3)Can anyone direct me to a source or advice me on removal and installation
of clutch "master cylinder" in a Milano?
Thanks

Sandeep
87 Milano Gold
87 Milano silver (parts car)