More Spica stuff

>The idea of using one "high-performance" profiled cam to cover a multitude
>of possible engine tuning situations therefore seems to be pretty
>incredible to me!

Who said he had just one profiled cam?  Wes is the type of person to spend
the time it takes to design cams for various applications.  It is certainly
no mean feat to do that, and make the car pass emissions.

>Another thing to pay serious attention to-- in order to equalize fuel
>delivery to the cylinders--is having equal length high pressure fuel tubes!

I thought they already had equal length tubes!

>Best one could really hope for would be to be somewhat too rich--and in
varying
>amounts-- throughout the power band.

I really don't think so, Wes wouldn't settle for that.  He uses his
Dynograph LED richness indicators to help straighten all that out.

>How bout using (easily available) a linear actuator (with position
>feedback, preferably) to position the rack in the Spica pump--and
>controlling said actuator with a modern ecu brain...

Yow, sounds very initimidating.  Actually Wes is selling and configuring
Electromotive's EFI as well.  He did a Maser V6 twin turbo with it, and it
is the way of the future for hot rods.  He controls all aspects of the fuel
and ignition curve with a laptop.  I certainly don't think you could adapt
Spica for that, however.

Obviously I'm a fan of Wes, he's the person I go to for all of Turner's
problems, and I'm just completely satisfied with his values and abilities.
He's been working with fuel injection and complete race car prep since the
mid-60's, but will listen to anyone's ideas and give them due consideration.

Steve S.
Seattle, WA
NWARC