My 2 cents on ABS / Ultimate GTV

A 93' VW passat I once owned had ABS. Saved my butt on two distinct
occasions where in the DRY I had to panick brake.  Felt my brake pedal
do the ABS massage and heard the tires do the miracle of not slamming
into a car by a couple of quick chirps of the rubber.

However, in that 3' Storm of 96'here in lovely NYC Metro I was out at
the very beginnings of that storm.  I was coming down a rather large
hill that I know gets slick so I approached with caution but as I hit
the brakes they did their ABS thing which meant I really wasnt stopping
or even slowing down.  Luckily I recalled an article (I think it was the
R&T one) where they said in these conditions just jab the brake pedal
hard to initially lock up the tires, then release as you felt ABS kick
in and keep doing this untill you stop.  Doing this got me down the hill
much more in control.

Now luckily I learned that technique.  For all but a few rare instances
I believe ABS is ultimately a beneficial thing to the average and even
above average driver.

My brothers Milano has the ABS and so far no problems, Knock on wood!!
LOL

Nice thing about my Audi is that I can turn the ABS off in just those
particular cases where I want the wheels to lock. 8-)

Anyhow, just another mans opinion.

Alfa content: I agree that the ultimate GTV is the one sitting in your
garage/driveway.  Loooove mine and am willing to part with my Super
rather than the GTV. Most say I am nuts, but they been saying that
waaayyyy before I ever owned an Alfa!!

Take care,
Antonio

67'Giulia Super -For Sale-