Track Day at Lime Rock

    Fellow Delaware Valley AROC member Bob Brady and I just returned from the
Bill Prout track day at Lime Rock and it was an outstanding event!
    There were a good number of Alfas and other Italian machines
participating. Vintage racers Skip and Caryl Persson brought their
Giuliettas. Peter, (oops, I forgot his last name) who had impressed us with
his fast driving of a big Benz at the AROC time trials in May, ran his Spider
Veloce.  Kevin Murphy was enjoying his first event with his 74 Spider. Mahlon
Craft brought his recently restored and absolutely fascinating Fiat Abarth
1000 Bialbero. There were five or six Ferraris, and Bob and I ran our GTV
2000s.
    The atmosphere of the event was fun, low-key, and super-friendly. There
was an abundance of first-rate instructors for the novices. The event was
well organized, safe, and provided an hour and thirty-five minutes of track
time. There was a "Vintage" group, for older cars, which our Alfas ran in.
Bill had told me that Alfas were especially welcome, as he owns a Giulietta
Sprint Speciale.
    For those of you who have considered taking your Alfa on a track (where
it belongs!), one of Bill Prout's events would be a great event to start
with. For the more experienced, the event offered lots of track time and
smaller run groups with less traffic. We had a great time and would highly
recommend Bill Prout's events, which will be run in the spring and fall next
year at Lime Rock.  For more information, Bill's phone is 860 767-5047.

Bill Shields
73 2000 GTV
Delaware Valley AROC