Re: SAE v DIN

Eric wrote:

>Like ISO, JIS (Japanese), SAE and DIN have their own special way of
>correcting a dyno power run to a standard which you can equally compare
>them.  So on ONE dyno test, you can generate data for ALL the standards.
>And that is what we do.

Presumably you mean all of the "net" standards: surely you couldn't get SAE
gross and net from the same run...

>BTW, SAE is not an American organization- its international.

Yes it is, although for some reason I thought that it originated in the USA,
which was why it was widely used there (at least in the 1970s) in preference
to other standards?? Or is that not the case?

Regards,

Mark Battley
Auckland, New Zealand.

1973 Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce