Wheels from Tire Rack with 5x98 Pattern

Dave Shimano wrote: "Does anyone have experience buying wheels from the Tire
Rack for an Alfa
with the 5x98 pattern? All they say is "it will fit" and the "locator
pin" will have to be removed."

I purchased a set of 4 17" Fittipaldi Avus2 wheels with the 5x98 pattern
through Tire Rack earlier this year for my 164S. I had them mount
Bridgestone RE71s on them. The wheels arrived with no problem, but the
balancing had to be redone as it was off. Tire Rack sent me to one of their
local authorized installers, and reimbursed me for the rebalancing job. The
wheels fit perfectly, though you will have to remove the locator pin that
positions the OEM wheels.

Rich Lasner
92 164S Red
AROC