Steve's charge light

Re Stev's update In Digest no.1148,  the meter readings show that indeed =
the alternator isn't charging the battery at the times when the charge =
light isn't on, and it is when the light is on (dimly). If the light =
doesn't turn on when you turn on the ignition, you probably have a fault =
in the regulator or in the wiring involving the regulator and charge lamp =
circuit..... this would prevent he alternator from charging. If you check =
the voltage at the charge-lamp terminal on the alternator, with ignition =
on but motor off and light not lit, this will give you the answer..... no =
volts there means wiring or lamp fault, and volts present means crook =
regulator-brushes unit.

I would still want to find out the cause of the non-operative heater fan. =
This is usually involved in the regulator-and-charge-lamp cct, and a fault =
in the fan cct may have a bearing on the charge fault.....

Best regards,
Graham in NZ
(77 Alfetta, 71 GTV, 82-82-84 Alfasuds)

PS   The above assumes Steve's car has a generally similar charge circuit =
to that on all the other Alfas I've come across.
GH