Paucity of Tire Selection

paucity n - 1: smallness of number: FEWNESS 2: smallness of quantity: DEARTH

	In other words, Lack of Choice.  Been looking for tires for my '73 GTV
(daily driver and occasional Summit Point go-fast) for the stock 5.5"
wheels for every day use.  For Summit Point, I put some Toyo R1s on some
BWA wheels.  I want some 195 65 14 to maintain stock height (can't go
any lower due to the W&D springs).  My '86 Spider has Yoko A509s and
I've liked them alot so I put some Yoko A509s (205 60-14) on the stock
wheels but I deemed them too big for the 5.5" width; they seemed
'squirrely' when hard cornering.  I really, Really wanted some Yoko AVSi
195 65 14 but Bob Brady bought the last set in the world and doesn't
want to give them up no matter how much I threaten him.

	So I called my local tire dealer, Radial Tire, and asked for some
selections in 195 65 14.  There just ain't any in high performance
tires;  all that seems available are all-weather tires such as the Yoko
Avid.  One recommendation was to get the AVSi 205 60 14 - at least I'd
get a performance tire but not in the size I want.  The AVSi has a
stiffer sidewall so that might help out when putting a 205 60 on a 5.5"
rim.

	This is going to be a tough call - get the tire size I want but not the
performance or get the performance I want but not the size?  Any one
have any other tire suggestions?? (what a loaded question!).

	Bruce