Land Rover sales

Joe had written some corrected Land Rover sales in AD #1140:

<<  For the record, Land Rover's best year in the US was last year when they
 sold more than 26,000 units. This year actual sales are ahead of last year,
 so 30,000 units is a possibility. >>

My wife works for Land Rover North America (the factory importer, not a
dealership) and the figures Joe quotes are absolutely correct. In fact, these
figures are essentially "artifically" low since the limit on how many
vehicles the average Land Rover dealer is able to sell is based on the amount
of vehicles thay are able to get! 30,000 units for this year IS a distinct
possibility, but the dealership network MAY have been able to sell 33,000 or
35,000 or ??? if Land Rover in England had been able to produce and send over
"enough" vehicles.

Could Alfa have benefited from our relatively "good" economic times now? Yes,
I think so, but did they want to wait for things to change? Obviously not and
now the capital costs to re-enter the market would be prohibitive.

Best Wishes,

Ed at Caribou Imports, Inc.
NOW... the largest Fiat parts supplier in the Western U.S.
visit us on the Web at:
www.caribou.cc
NEW ADDITION to our Web site: check the Autotraders nation-wide database of
Alfas or other vehicles for sale OR list your own car for sale FREE. Courtesy
of Caribou Imports!