Octane for Spiders

My Spider is a 76, 49 state model. The manual recommends
regular unleaded (91 octane HA!). I had been using 92
octane premium, oxygenated, ethanol added, until my favorite
local mechanic suggested that I should try the 91 octane
non-oxygenated non-ethanol. Big difference, better starting,
idling, acceleration, and (feel?) She likes it a lot.
This may be a non issue in the warmer states but in Minnesota
and similar areas it might make a big difference.
Dave Partridge
76 Spider
Monticello, Mn.
(and a new E_MAIL address)